Vale Gough Whitlam.
The Whitlam Government brought about a vast range of reforms in the 1071 days it held office between December 5, 1972 and November 11, 1975. In its first year alone, it passed 203 bills - more legislation than any other federal government had passed in a single year. Whitlam reformed not only Australia’s laws and institutions, but the way it sees itself. Those reforms included such landmark achievements as the beginnings of Indigenous land rights, the Racial Discrimination Act, the end of the White Australia policy, multiculturalism, free tertiary education, Medicare (Medibank), and environmental protection.
- tony abbott: gough whitlam was an inspirational leader who did many important things that are vital for our nation.
- gough whitlam: it's time to bring in national healthcare.
- gough whitlam: it's time to actually do something about indigenous affairs.
- gough whitlam: it's time for free university education.
- tony abbott: yeah nah
I’ve lost weight friends :)
Survival guide for Australian’s this Summer (because it’s only Spring and it’s already like living on Satan’s ball sack):
- Fill containers with water, stick that shit in the freezer, lots more ice than ice trays.
- Spray bottles, keep them in the fridge and swap them out when they get warm. You can also put them in the freezer for a bit but that can just be more of a pain than anything helpful.*
- Wet tea towels, face washers/flannels and hand towels, keep them in the fridge and freezer (put them in freezer bags if you don’t want them getting water everywhere when they melt). Bam! You got yourself some icepacks. Just lay them over yourself, everywhere (especially on the back of your neck, your wrists and inside your elbows/behind your knees). And you can use them to wrap around your spray bottles and drinks to keep them cooler for longer.
- Lights? Can you see okay without them on? Good. Because they make everything like shitloads hotter. Turn the fuckers off.
These things can also help your pets!
- Put ice in their water bowls or some will just eat the ice as is (just make sure they don’t choke on it).
- If they’re really furry, make sure to give them a good brush to help get rid of their undercoat.
- Spay them with the water (if they’re into that shit. If not, don’t be an asshole. And birds tend to like this more than cats/dogs,).
- Lay the cold towels over them.
- Put an icepack in their bed and lay a towel over it.
- Don’t over do any of this, we just want to cool them down not make them freeze.
- DON’T LEAVE THEM OUTSIDE! Seriously, they’re furry, it’s like us wearing a jumper. And their ears and noses can easily get sunburnt especially if they’re light coloured. Even if they’re outside pets, just again, don’t be an asshole.
But if you do need to leave them outside, make sure it’s not for a long period of time and make sure they have somewhere shady and cool to sit and plenty of water with ice in it.
- DON’T LEAVE THEM IN YOUR FUCKING CAR! This applies to children as well. This is pretty self explanatory. Seriously though, if you’re stupid enough to leave your pets/children in a hot car then you’re an absolute moron and you really shouldn’t be left responsible either of them.
*Holy Water is optional but recommended.
Q. What’s Gough Whitlam’s favourite herb?
A. It’s thyme.